- Why should I create zApps?
- What are the eight zApp Types?
- Can zApps be co-authored or authored under a pen name or pseudonym?
- What are the different question types and which should I use?
- What is a lesson and how many lessons should I have?
- What is the Recommended zApp Time?
- How does imposing copyright protect my zApp?
- What is the difference between adding a hint and adding an explanation?
- Can I use questions from other zApps in my own?
- How can I share my zApp with the world?
- Why am I unable to share my zApp to the sQuizya Library?
- What are the characteristics of popular zApps?
- Can my zApp be used outside of sQuizya?
- What happens if I publish to the School Library / My Library?
- I shared my zApp with the sQuizya Library when I didn't mean to. What do I do?
- When will I know if my zApp has been approved for the sQuizya Library?
- Who approves zApps and when will I find out if my zApp has been approved?
How does imposing copyright protect my zApp?
In Step 3 of the zApp Creator, you will be asked to give your zApp a copyright status: ‘Off’ or ‘On’.
If you select ‘Off’ and share your zApp within your institution and/or the wider sQuizya community, you give other users the opportunity to freely reproduce, modify, extract and share work from your zApp into another zApp or zApp Book within the sQuizya platform and impose on them no restrictions in the way that they can use the resulting zApp.
As a collaborative educational platform, we implore zApp authors to allow others this freedom as often as possible.
If you select ‘On’ and share your zApp within your institution and/or the wider sQuizya community you give other users the opportunity to freely reproduce, modify, extract and share work from your zApp into another zApp or zApp Book within the sQuizya platform, but any resulting zApp or zApp Book that utilises any portion of your zApp will be barred from being published outside the institution of the other user. For example, your zApp, or any part of it, will never be able to be published to the sQuizya Library by another user.
Please read and make yourself familiar with the sQuizya Publishing Terms and Conditions.