Assigning zApps and Books
- How do I assign a zApp to my class/group?
- How do I assign a zApp Book to my class/group?
- A student has joined my class two weeks into term. How do I assign the work that they have missed?
- Do I have to enforce a due date?
- What do the feedback settings mean?
- What do the hint settings mean?
- Can I use a different grading system to the one listed?
- Can I edit the assigning conditions I imposed after a zApp/zApp Book is assigned?
- Can I assign to more than one class/group at a time?
- What is a Standard Pathway in zApp Book Assigning?
- Permission Levels
How do I assign a zApp Book to my class/group?
To assign a zApp Book to your class/group select ‘My Library’ and follow these steps:
- Open My Library and select the zApp Book you want to assign
- Select the orange assign icon in the action column
- In the pop up window select if you would like to use a standard pathway or not by using the check box. Standard Pathway means the zApp Book chapters are assigned to students sequentially once they have finished the first. If you only want to use part of a zApp Book unselect ‘Standard Pathways’.
- Select which chapters you want to assign and which class/subgroup.
- You can also select from the optional preferences
i.Opening date and time
ii.Due date and time
6. Select ‘Assign’ and the zApp Book will be sent to the students in that class/group.
Note: the opening date/time for zApp Books assigned with the Standard Pathway option is the date at which the first zApp of the chapter will become available to participants. The due date/time is the date at which the final zApp of the chapter should be submitted. Students can work through the zApps in order at their own pace within this interval.